Want to join a thriving print and digital media brand? Now’s the chance
Azure Media is looking for an intern to join our web team for a paid, 3-month term from January 4 through to March 31 2020. This full-time, contract position in our Toronto office is an opportunity to gain invaluable work experience and contribute to ongoing content publishing and website management projects.
About the Role
The AZURE and Designlines websites serve a dynamic professional audience of architects, product and interior designers, as well as design-curious consumers. In 2020, both sites experienced record growth in users and engagement. We are actively working to optimize our content platforms to support growth in web traffic and revenue. The intern will have an exciting opportunity to contribute to shaping the website and digital strategy as part of a growing web team.
In this position, you will be involved with content creation, image sourcing and manipulation, optimizing pages for SEO, posting to social media, analytics tracking & content performance analysis, digital edition workflow assistance and sales assistance.
The Ideal candidate has:
• Experience in online content creation, with strong proficiency in WordPress
• Knowledge and proven understanding of SEO, SEM, Google search, Google Analytics, Google Trends.
• Fluency across social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram), including experience with posting for 3rd parties
• Highly developed English language proficiency, with strong writing and editing skills
• Art and design skills, including experience with photo manipulation software (e.g. Photoshop, Adobe InDesign)
• Microsoft Excel and or other spreadsheet applications skills
• Independent work habits and the ability to take initiative while also being an effective team player
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
• Proven attention to detail
What We Offer
A dynamic working environment in Toronto and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated, team-oriented group of media professionals.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter by Friday, Dec 4th, 2020 to [email protected] and include the job title Web Editorial Intern in the subject line.
AZURE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.